Thursday, July 16, 2009

My exercise today.

I spent today rounding up cattle.

The neighbor neglected to put feed out for his cows so they decided to jump the fence and come visiting. Glad they didn't come to the garden - rather they headed straight to the tall, lush, green grass near the woods. Boy, I agreed with them that it DID look good.

I took my trusty flyswatter and headed toward them at an angle, making a loud SHAAA SHAAA noise. They totally disregarded it. They didn't disregard the flyswatter on their rear tho. They moved off in the general direction of home at a trot.

The general direction proved to be very general. They headed south, too. Fortunately my brother in law, Kenneth has a 4wheeler and he gently (and LOUDLY) headed them back to the gate. With not much further ado, they went back in.

Most exercise that I have had this summer.

3 hours later what did I see? The cattle back grazing. This time our neighbor, Kelley, came with a feed bucket full. The cows docilely trotted along behind her into their pen. All's well that ends well.

Tomorrow I see my cancer doctor for a 6 month checkup. Let's hope all's still well there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment