Monday, August 10, 2009

Meanness

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Delores left to be with Earl

It was very unexpected and it shocked us. It has been a very long, LONG time since last she saw him. We will miss her greatly. Even though she has been ill over the past two or three years, she never failed to have a warm " come IN! Come in! Come in and sit down! I was just fixing something to eat. Your timing is perfect", followed by a big hug and "what have you been doing, hon?"

She had bad times and sad times and missed her "Earl" but she loved to laugh about little things they'd done. She'd sniff a little, wipe a tear and then laugh. She'd ask me if I still miss Jim, and of course I'd say "yes, always". You never get over the hurt - Just like she and Earl.

We had the "remember whens" as in remembering when we'd gone scooty pootin' down to Troy to ride the kids' rides in the park across from the Troy Police station at 3:00 in the morning because we felt safe there. 5 or 6 grown women after work at 3:00AM riding the go-round and laughing like maniacs. We had fun, we did.

Well, it's enough to know that we had her in our lives and she'll remain a very big part of the rest of my life. She shaped my life. She was the most influential person I've ever known.

I never dreamed just how mean people can be - to their children, neighbors, spouses, and to people they've never met.

I saw, in the news, that a mother killed her week old baby by sawing off it's head. Voices told her to do it. She also did far worse that I won't mention here. Heaven help us.

A son shot to death his father and tells us he's crazy as he spelled out every step he is going to take in his Columbine twisted mind. He's crazy like a rabid fox. He also intended to kill students in his school, both boys and girls, because if he looked at either one, they'd know. Know what?
That he was crazy? or that he liked their looks or body? Who knows?

Men & women in Charleston, WV literally running over, with their vehicle, men who owed them money/drugs. Killed them for $300.00 or for drugs. What is the world coming to?

A father beat his year old child to death with his hands. Another father let his child die on the floor while he prayed for her diabetes riddled body to heal itself. They'd not been to the doctor because they don't believe in medicine and they did not know that she had diabetes. So she died of a very treatable illness.

I don't understand. Maybe, at 70, I am too old for this world. I didn't used to think that. In fact, I still don't realize that I am 70 unless things hurt, but that is neither here nor there. I simply don't understand this world I am in.

Delores &  Earl Morgan, together again.



No comments:

Post a Comment